The Best Of West Lefkada 8H Private Tour; Lefkada, the jewel of the Ionian Sea. In this private tour, you will experience the beauty and the secrets of the island and you will have the chance to unveil the hidden paths guided by a local!
The highlight of The Best Of West Lefkada 8H Private Tour
- Enjoy a swim in the best beaches of Europe
- Visit traditional villages of Lefkada (Lefkas) island
- See picturesque places & take panoramic pictures
- Visit some of the most famous beaches in Greece
- English speaking driver/escort
Itinerary of The Best Of West Lefkada 8H Private Tour: Tsouklades – Vigla at Pefkoulia – Agios Nikitas – Mylos – Kathisma – Drymonas – Exanthia – Kalamitsi – Chortata – Komilio – Dragano – Athani – Gialos – Egkremnoi – Porto Katsiki – Lefkada’s Lighthouse (Dukato) – Lefkatas
The Best Of West Lefkada Private Tour starts from the town of Lefkada (Lefkas), but we can pick you up from any place in Lefkada. So the program will adjust from there! So, we will see an example program starting from the town.
Tsoulkalades, The monastery of Panagia Phaneromeni
After your private driver will pick you up from the town of Lefkada we’ll head to Tsoukalades passing before the village from the Monastery of Panagia Phaneromeni. Tsoukalades is a small traditional village but with many tourist facilities and perfect for a swim.
After Tsoukalades and its beautiful environment, we’ll have a stop at Pefkoulia with a perfect spot for photo shooting. From there you can already see Agios Nikitas. Agios Nikitas is a very cozy traditional village offering great tourist facilities. Nearby is Mylos beach but you would need 20 to 25 minutes to walk or use a water taxi if you want to see it.
The famous Lathisma beach
Not far from Agios Nikitas is the world-famous Kathisma beach. Kathisma needs no introduction due to its fame. It is well organized with plenty of facilities, restaurants, bars, and cafes making it one of the favorite beaches!
Lening Kathisma we’ll pass from Drymona, a traditional quiet village. On our way, we’ll see Exanthia, one of the oldest villages on the island well known for its winery. The senary from there is amazing! Exanthia is known for extreme sports, which gives you great opportunities for sports!
Past Kalamitsi, the road continues to Chortata village. Chortata is also a mountain village with the typical stone houses, from where you can see the whole of south-western Lefkada.
Drive towards the village Komilio a minuscule village with stone masonry houses, narrow alleys, with just a few inhabitants. Dragano, which is a tiny village in the south of the island too. The village boasts a remarkable example of a building dating to pre-industrialization, an oil press which for centuries served the needs of the inhabitants in the production of olive oil.
Our next stop is at Athani. Atheni is perched on a sheer rock to protect it from the danger of the frequent pirate raids. The place is famous for the extraordinary quality production of thyme honey.
Driving along the road to Cape Lefkatas, forks lead to the very special and justly famous beaches of Egkremnoi and Porto Katsiki.
Egkremnoi in Lefkada
Our The Best Of West Lefkada 8H Private Tour to Egkremnoi; Egkremnoi is a world-renowned beach with turquoise waters and a paradise for those in search of isolated beaches. It is remarkable that such colors are seen only on postcards from some exotic Caribbean island. The virgin sands meet the sapphire waters and a visit here is a must.
Continue our trip in the same direction the road leads to the most spectacular beach of the island, Porto Katsiki. The beach is featured in most tourist guides all over the world promoting the beauties of Greece. The dark turquoise waters, clear as a precious stone, make a striking contrast with the towering sugar-white wall of roc behind and the golden stretch of sand.
Cape Lefkatas and the ancient lyric poetess Sappho
Our last stop will be Cape Lefkatas or “Kavos tis Kyras”. The landscape takes your breath away. Sheer cliffs and bottomless, raging seas create a scenery of unimaginable wildness. It said, that it is the white cliffs that gave Lefkada its name (lefko = white). Here, the ancient lyric poetess Sappho fell from here to free herself from her love for the young Faon. The time of day for the strongest impression of Cape Lefkatas is of course at sunset when the sun paints the rocks with its rays and gives color to the sea which in turn in its own tongue murmurs stories of thousands of years.
Ending our private tour
It is time now to return back to Lefkada town. We’ll head back towards Chortata, Drymona, Exantheia, Sfakiotes and continue north to the town where our private tour ends.
Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. May to September is the best season period to visit.
The mountain ranges to the west and north of Lefkada experiences a wide climatic variation from baking heat in summer to severe cold in winter with heavy rainfalls.
Winter can be cold but quite ethereal and even dramatic with fogs clinging to the side of the rock formations!
There isn’t really a bad time to visit Lefkada. So visit Lefkada at any time of the year!
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in Lefkada you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Lefkada
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!