Mythical Ioannina 8H Private Tour; Let’s see why should you visit Ioannina! Ioannina is a place of unrivaled beauty, surrounded by unspoiled nature, is the perfect destination.
A centuries-old town by a beautiful lake, in a ring of high mountains by the sunny beaches of the Ionian Sea. The list of sights is never-ending, proving there is always something new to see.
Six amazing museums, a unique primordial cave, art galleries, twelve churches, one synagogue, sixteen monasteries, twelve well-preserved Muslim monuments, and an array of townhouses and public buildings of architectural interest. Where do you want to go first?
The highlights of Mythical Ioannina 8H Private Tour
- Ioannina, the capital of Epirus
- The beautiful Lake Pamvotida
- Ioannina island. An island with out a name (to nisi)
- Old town
- Perama caveor the island of Ioannina
- Ioannina Castel
- Drive map from Lefkada to Ioannina
Starting from Lefkada island after breakfast, we will pick you up from your accommodation to start our Private tour to Ioannina. Drive towards Action, Preveza, Mitika, Louro, and Filipiada finally we will arrive in Ioannina. Ioannina is the capital of Epirus and one of the most atmospheric cities of Greece. Set on the western shore of the lovely Lake Pamvotis, and framed by the impressive mountain range that turns lilac at sunset.
Mythical Ioannina 8H Private Tour; From the Stone Age, the ancient Greek civilizations, the Roman magistrates, and the Byzantine despots through to the Ottoman pashas and the modern Greek democracy, the history trail leads to the unmissable attractions of today’s multicultural Ioannina.
A town built on Egnatia Road that spans two millennia connecting Europe to Asia. With its rich history as a melting pot of traditions and cultures, Ioannina’s multicultural characteristics are still visible in everything, from its architecture and traditions to lifestyle and cuisine.
Ioannina city and the surrounding area are filled with colorful traditions, mythical legends, and endless choices for entertainment that will satisfy even the toughest crowd. Depending on the time of year, those choices may include a walk amongst the cobbled lanes of the city, a boat ride in the lake, or a visit to the museums, making Ioannina a perfect destination for every season.
What travelers enjoy the most about this tour is visiting local hot spots and enjoying the views while walking along the narrow streets of the old town and castle, listening to legends, love and tragedy stories, observing the traces of history. Try something really local together, enjoy new flavors, sounds and scenes.
Mythical Ioannina 8H Private Tour Itinerary
- The castle of Ioannina
- Litharitsia Park
- Narrow streets of the old town
- Silver craft stores of Ioannina
- Lakefront walk
- The cave of Perama or the unnamed island
Our tour ends visiting the Perama cave with its impressive stalagmites and stalactites or ends up on the island that lies in the middle of the legendary Pamvotis Lake. On this beautiful island, we will have the chance to visit one of the oldest byzantine monasteries with its marvelous frescoes as well as the last refuge of the notorious Ottoman landlord, Ali Pasha.
All year round
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in Lefkada you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Lefkada
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!