Meganisi 4-Hour Private Tour; Meganisi Greece is remote heaven for those who seek peace and relaxation! Dreaming of visiting Meganisi island? Find out how to get there and some amazing information below!
Meganisi is a Greek island and municipality immediately to the east-southeast of the island of Lefkada. The municipality includes the offshore islands of Skorpios and Sparti.
Highlights of the Meganisi 4-Hour Private Tour
- Visit in 4 hours Meganisi island by boat and see the beauty island of West Greece
- Take a private tour to the Jewish Synagogue on the other part of the island
Details Of Meganisi 4-Hour Private Tour
Meganisi is a beautiful little island located between Lefkada and the western coasts of the Greek mainland. Thanks to its proximity to Lefkada, Meganisi is the perfect destination for day trips from Lefkada. Untouched by international tourists, Meganisi is one of those Greek islands that boasts an unspoiled beauty, so it is perfect for relaxing holidays!
The island’s beaches are secluded and unorganized. Some of them can be reached on foot while others can be accessed only by boat. Agios Ioannis, Spilia, and Barbarezou are the most popular beaches of Meganisi.
Vathy, and the port of Meganisi, is the most picturesque village on the island. Stroll around the beach promenade in Vathy, taste the local delicacies at one of the many fish taverns… Adapt yourself to the slow rhythm of the island!
MORE ABOUT THE ISLAND
Meganisi Greece is a small island located opposite the port of Nydri in Lefkada. Thanks to its proximity to Lefkada, Meganisi makes a great destination for day trips from its Ionian neighbor. Meganisi boasts a beautiful natural setting, as it is carpeted with lush greenery and has enticingly clean emerald waters.
The lack of mass tourism on the island makes Meganisi a top destination for those who love seclusion. The only way to explore the island is either on foot or by private means of transportation, as there are no buses on the island. Alternatively, you can book a shuttle bus with your hotel. It is a convenient way to get to some beaches around the island.
The main villages in Meganisi are Vathy and Spartochori, where most hotels are located. Vathy, in particular, is a very picturesque village! It stretches around the island’s port, where many yachts and boats moor every summer, creating a cosmopolitan feel.
As for the beaches in Meganisi, they are mostly secluded and unorganized. Agios Ioannis, Spilia, Barbarezou, and Fanari are the most frequented beaches in Meganisi, while the island is full of crystal coves, which you can reach by boat.
Meganisi doesn’t have a lot to offer in terms of sightseeing except for some beautiful chapels that are scattered around the island. But, if you are a hiking lover, Meganisi will reward you with some beautiful hiking itineraries in nature!
- Meeting point: Meet at the Port of Nidri.
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and cruise port at the cruise ship pier at an extra cost!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
Available: May 04, 2021, till October 30, 2021
- Day: Daily
Meeting point: Meet at the Old Port of Lefkada City
- Morning Meeting Time: 10:00
- Language: English
What is Included
- 1.5-hour private guided tour with a licensed guide
- Round-trip boat
- Personal expenses
- Optional tips
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: May 04, 2021, till October 30, 2021
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic, or environmental phenomena!
- Not allowed: Oversize luggage, Luggage, or large bags
- Id or passport must be presented to verify age & country of origin.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Face mask or protective covering
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain. Alternatively, you could visit a beach like Platis Gialos or Ornos with a good selection of hotels & restaurants alongside or close to the beaches which are flat!
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund