Lefkada To Tzoumerka 8H Private Tour; Natural, cultural, architectural, and religious monuments of supreme aesthetics and historical value await visitors who can simultaneously engage in various country activities.
Tzoumerka is a heaven on earth for sporty and nature lovers. Zoumerka, or Athamanika Mountains as it is also called, is a mountain range in the northwest of the Greek mainland. Rafting, tubing, or kayaking down the Arachthos River or Kalaritikos River will satisfy your appetite for adrenaline and allow you to enjoy the landscape.
If you are an avid cyclist, you’ll be happy to know that there are amazing mountain routes and plenty of places where you can rent the appropriate equipment. Alternatively, you can experience the Arachthos gorge on horseback! There is an equestrian center in Lazena Village where you can get a horse, equestrian equipment, and an experienced guide who will lead you up to the top of the gorge.
If you prefer a slower way to take in the scenery, then hiking is always a great option. Other extreme sports available include paragliding and mountain climbing.
Highlights of Lefkada To Tzoumerka 8H Private Tour
- Visit a heaven on earth; Tzoumerka
- Vourgareli and Syrrako
- The unique Kipinas monastery
- Anemotripa wiyh its exceptional beauty
- English speaking tour driver/escort
Lefkada To Tzoumerka 8H Private Tour; Tzoumerka villages are an area of unique natural beauty, located in the heart of the Tzoumerka mountain range (Athamanian Mountains) and Arachthos valleys and give visitors innumerable opportunities as far as alternative tourism is concerned.
The name originates from the ancient king Athamas, uniting all settlements into the kingdom of Athamanon. Tzoumerka comprises a cluster of 47 picturesque villages, dotted around the rough gorges formed by two rivers, the Arachthos River and Kalaritikos River.
Due to its location, Tzoumerka remains untouched by contemporary architecture and mass tourism and is ideal for those who love nature, relaxation, extreme sports, and alternative tourism. A large part of the area is protected under European legislation as a Natura 2000 site.
Here is a list of Zoumerka: Pramanta, Kalentzi, Ktistades, Syrrako, Kalarrites, Melissourgi, Katarraktis, Vourgareli
Our first visit is to Vourgareli and Syrrako.
Lefkada To Tzoumerka 8H Private Tour; Vourgareli
This lush green village lies on the slopes of Tzoumerka Mountain at a height of 800 meters and is the gateway to Tzoumerka National Park with many hiking trails starting from the village to the forest.
It’s not all about hiking though, this village is famous for the role it played in both the Greek Revolution and the Greek Civil War and its stone houses, 13th century Red Church, and a village square with a traditional fountain are all worth exploring, the St George Monastery and Megali Vrysi Bridge can also be found here.
The home town of many notable people in the 19th century including Prime Minister I. Kolettis and writer/poet Kostas Krystallis, this beautiful and historic village with its stone mansions containing iconic blue shutters, fountains, watermills, churches, and arched bridges are certainly a delight to explore.
Do not miss seeing the traditional watermill, famous Goyra Fountain, and the Museum of Folklore Art on your visit and if time allows, hike the 3km path through Chrousia Gorge which leads to Kalarrites village, otherwise hop in your vehicle and make the 24km journey by road.
The monastery of Kipinas
The monastery of Kipinas was founded in 1212 by Archbishop Gregory. Sacred and imposing space, wild beauty, ornate construction. The impressive monastery with its peculiar architecture is located near the Kipina settlement. It is built in the middle of a huge rock on the northeast side of the wild gorge of the Kalarrytikos River.
Pramanta is a village with many craftsmen, livestock farms, the largest population of Northern Tzoumerka. It is built at an altitude of 840 meters. amphitheatrically at the foot of Mount Strogoula (2,107 m). In the central square, there is the 500-year-old plane tree and the historic fountain “Arapis”, next to the main church of Agia Paraskevi.
“Anemotrypa” is a cave of exceptional beauty, the only cave in Greece intersected by explicit river shapes. It is located in Pramanta and receives thousands of visitors every year.
We return to Lefkada using the same route back.
Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. April to October is the best season period to visit.
The mountain ranges to the west and north of Tzoumerka experiences a wide climatic variation from baking heat in summer to severe cold in winter with heavy rainfalls.
Winter can be cold but quite ethereal and even dramatic with fogs clinging to the side of the rock formations!
There isn’t really a bad time to visit Tzoumerka. So visit Tzoumerka at any time of the year!
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in Lefkada you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Lefkada
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!