Lefkada To Breathtaking Meteora 9 H Private Tour; An excellent private tour incorporating unforgettable scenery and the famous Meteora Monasteries. If you are on holiday in Lefkada a highlight of your stay in Greece will be a visit to the Meteora Monasteries. The monasteries on the top of these spectacular, gigantic rocks give you the impression that they float between earth, wind, and sky!
Highlights of Lefkada To Breathtaking Meteora 9 H Private Tour
- Personal tour just for you and friends
- Travel with style and comfort with our owened luxury vehicles
- A day trip from Lefkada island to the UNESCO listed Meteora monasteries
- Enjoy free time to dine and explore in the town of Kalambaka
- Map of Lefkada To Breathtaking Meteora 9 H Private Tour
Travel from Lefkada to Meteora
Lefkada To Breathtaking Meteora 9 H Private Tour; Travel with style and comfort from Lefkada to Meteora and enjoy a memorable trip with utmost safety. Starting in the morning from Lefkada we will drive towards Ioannina. Passing from Ioannina, a place full of history and unrivaled beauty, surrounded by unspoiled nature, continue we’ll drive and pass by Metsovo a traditional village is located in the Zagoria National Park and situated at an altitude of 1156m, famous for its gastronomical products (especially the cheese and the wine), and finally arrive at the Meteora. The Meteors are situated 300 m upon the valley close to Kalambaka by the river Pinios.
Meteora is a geological miracle, which one should see for himself in order to believe. The meteors are a group of high and cliffy boulders whose peaks are crowned by monasteries and hermitages. Their grottos are acted since the 11th century as cells for the orthodox monks.
Originally the monks lived in grottos or in small cells. They assembled once per week to attend divine service together in Kyriakon (House of God, common church) in Doubiani. As a consequence of the increasing numbers of monks, they settled down the hermitage of Stagoi.
Already in the 12th century, a methodical organization of the hermitage started which was set in charge of the diocese Staoi.
In the 14th century, Serbian princes who governed Thessalia at this time liberated the hermitage from the diocese Stagoi and charged a primus of the monastery Doubiani with guidance.
Around the middle of the 14th century, the monk Athanasios founded the first monastery on the rock of Meteora. Platylithos (Huge stone) was his name. This unearthly appearing rock mass 613 m upon sea level and 413 m upon Kalambaka overlaps the whole countryside. Upon this Athanasios built up his monastery. He named the rock Meteoron which means “hover between sky and earth”. From this time on all rocks with their monasteries were called Meteora. The Meteora monasteries were 24 at the very beginning.
Nowadays, only six monasteries are well preserved and four of them are still inhabited. Each monastery owns a vast richness of frescoes and icons. You will visit two of these fabulous monasteries, built high upon the steep rocks.
There is free time for a lunch break and then we return to the place we have picked you up.
NOTE: Entering the monasteries of Meteora; Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies must not wear shorts, skirts or trousers and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts and must have long sleeves as well.
The mountain ranges to the east and north of Meteora experiences a wide climatic variation from baking heat in summer to severe cold in winter with heavy snowfalls.
Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. Winter can be very cold but quite ethereal and even dramatic with fogs clinging to the side of the rock formations. Sometimes there is even snow!
There isn’t really a bad time to visit Meteora. So visit Meteora at any time of the year!
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in Lefkada you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Lefkada
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!