Lefkada Kitesurfing 6 H tour; The most famous kitesurfing spot in Lefkada is by far Agios Ioannis on the northern part of the island, 2 km away from the main town. You can easily find this kitesurfing spot and choose one of the 3 windmills that line the beach, to get in the water. (Beach width: 20-30m).
So, if you need reliable wind, blue skies, nice beaches, and somewhere convenient – everything you need close to the beach.
Highlights of WLefkada Kitesurfing 6 H tour
- A Lefkada Kitesurfing 6 Hour tour
- A good sample of Lefkada’s Highlights
- Strongly recommended tour for first-time Kiters
- Our private tour ensures a personalized experience
- Local English-speaking expert
- Experience the famous kitesurfing spot in Lefkada
Details of Lefkada Kitesurfing 6 H tour
The spot is amazing! A short drive from Agios Nikolaos towards Lefkada town. You park about 400m back from the sand dunes and get to the beach by means of a long wooden bridge – you see what they did there; What makes this place so amazing is that the reef that protects kite beach actually starts here and that means you are just inside the reef and the water is super flat. It is a perfect twin tip location with waist to chest-deep water for about 1km and at the end is The Church – it’s an actual church on a small island but here the water is shallow which makes it even flatter and like some tropical paradise.
Lefkada Kitesurfing 6 H tour; Lefkada Island, known for windsurfers due to Vasiliki in the south and its strong blustery winds. Thankfully for us kiteboarders, the wind in the north of the island is not quite so strong (15-25 knots) and far more smooth. And just to confuse us all the whole island is called Lefkada but the town in the north of the island near to where you will kite is also called Lefkada!
Lefkada’s Kitesurfing beach is 15 minutes drive from the airport (Aktion International Airport / PVK) and 10 minutes drive from Lefkada town. So it’s a quick transfer with direct flights from many European countries.
Lefkada Kitesurfing 6 H tour; Wind and Kiting Spots; The wind is thermal and most of the time comes from the NW, though early and late in the season you may get wind from the SW which can be gustier. You wake most mornings to a calm sea but like clockwork, the wind will start to fill in around midday and by 2 pm you are on the water, with the wind starting to drop an hour before dark.
From April you can kite every day – partly due to having hydrofoils – in winds from 10-20 knots but we’re told that from June the wind is far more reliable, stronger and July/August is super consistent with 20-25 knots every day.
You can kite at two main spots, both of which have a few different spots within them:
The Kite beach and lagoon; This is at Agios Nikolaos and the kite beach is a big long sandy beach with the cross-onshore wind. It’s waist deep for 30m and a large open area with an outer reef a mile out to sea, which keeps it pretty flat with at most, small chop. It’s great for twin tip riding, surfboard practice, and hydrofoils (you just have to walk out the first 15m or so). There’s a beach bar and several kite schools offering lessons.
But kite beach is effectively one big sand spit so there is a lagoon on the other side which offers some amazing flat water. You can either kite round from kite beach or park and launch from the other side of the spit. In close, the water is only 50-100cm deep but that makes for some butter flat water and perfect twin-tip riding. The wind is directly offshore but there is a large lagoon downwind and in the worst case you will simply end up on the far shore.
If you want some deeper water, you can kite in the whole lagoon which is where we spent many a day hydro foiling. Its plenty deep enough, just watch out for the one shallow area of seaweed! You can easily foil round from the main beach or just walk out to deep water.
There is nothing here so bring water and snacks if you plan to stay for the day – though Lefkada is only a few minutes away if you want a quick gyros.
There are other spots in the area, the main one being Agios Ioannis beach which is closest to Lefkada town.
Overall, we can promise you that you wouldn’t wait to head back to Lefkada. It’s a great spot for all kiteboarding and twintips are the obvious option. It is a perfect place for surfboard practice or strapless freestyle and is great for foiling.
Your tour ends back at the same spot we have picked you up!
- Meeting Location: at your accommodation
- Operates; daily
- Available; All year round
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any villa, hotel, or apartment in Lefkada and cruise port at the cruise ship pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Meeting time; At 09:30 AM, recommended
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All-new models come with full leather and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Local Expert
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding in archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- Flexible pick up time on request (proposed 09:30 AM)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Wind forecasts: Windguru, Windfinder, Poseidon, Live Weather
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures . A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be cancelled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or other similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain. Alternatively, you could visit a beach like Platis Gialos or Ornos with a good selection of hotels & restaurants alongside or close to the beaches which are flat!
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund