Traditional Lefkada 6 H Private Tour; Experience some of Lefkada’s top attractions on this excursion. After a convenient hotel pickup, enjoy a privately chauffeured tour in a luxury vehicle or minibus with an English-speaking tour driver. Learn about the area while seeing landmarks!
The highlight of Traditional Lefkada 6 H Private Tour
- Explore some of Lefkadas’s top historic sites on this 6 hours guided adventure
- Relax with a private chauffeur/informative guide in a comfortable vehicle
- Atractions like the town of Lefkada, Agia Lavra fortress, and the miles at Agios Ioannis
- Make the most of limited time with convenient hotel | Villa pickup and drop-off
This Traditional Lefkada 6 H Private Tour will offer you a unique experience! Explore the island of Lefkada through the eyes of a local, an exploration you couldn’t make on your own. Take home with you fantastic and alternative memories of Lefkada island.
Let’s begin by driving to our first destination, Lefkada town. Stroll from the town of Lefkada is round the western lagoon. It’s a pleasure for nature – lovers and the great attraction is, its exceptional views.
Cross over the bridge, the trademark of the island together with the fortress of Agia Lavra. An enjoyable destination is to take the road leading to the fort Agia Lavra, with the western lagoon on the left and the channel on the right. At the time of the Turkish occupation, there was a long bridge with 360 arches crossing the lagoon from the shore to the other side. It was an aqueduct carrying water to the fort. You can see traces of the piping on the bottom of the lagoon.
Seeing Traditional Lefkada 6 H Private Tour through the eyes of a local is an experience you won’t forget, and there is no better way than to spend a day traveling around it. You will marvel at stunning beaches, secret coves, dramatic cliff faces, and outlying islands in this terrific and great value trip!
After passing the building of the Wine Production Cooperative with its long history, which is one of the oldest in Greece, the best part begins.
Along the road, admire the iridescence of light reflected on the lagoon on the left, on the right the low sand dunes, and in the distance thousand shades of blue of the Ionian Sea. This is where the little scented white lilies grow in the summer.
A little further, a thin strip of land comes into sight, with its abundant greenery. It’s Gyra, the small settlement of fishermen who tend the lagoon’s fishery.
Next, you find the church of Panagia Gyras. The church was consecrated in 1503 by the priests Stamatis and Athanasios Soundias. Under the carpet covering the floor are the marble gravestones of some of Lefkada’s famous sons such as the poet Angelos Sikelianos and other eminent citizens.
Continue we’ll see the four windmills still survive out of the 12 that once stood there. Most of the windmills had Russian names such as Orloff, Metzikov, Moskovas and until at least the mid-20th century they still ground cereals – mainly wheat – which in the old days used to come in large quantities from Russia or the Danubian Principalities.
This is the very spot where, on 9 March 1810, Greek fighters under Theodoros Kolokotronis (the future important general that led the Greek against the Ottomans), an officer in the British army at that time, landed with the British troops and defeated Napoleon’s Frenchmen who had occupied the island.
Nowadays, and especially in the summer, the Miloi area is thronged with hundreds of surfers who come from all over the world to kite and windsurf. From May to September, the wind conditions (daily exposed, to north-westerly 4-6 Beaufort winds) of this particular beach are ideal for experienced and skilled sportsmen and women. In recent years, International kite surf competitions take place in Lefkada!
It’s time now to visit one of the island’s loveliest beaches of Lefkada; Ai Giannis beach. Along the entire stretch, and also along the western length of the island the sandy shore is suitable for a swim, and it has Lefkada’s characteristic fine-grained white sand and pristine seas.
But here you can experience one more peculiarity! If you dig a hole by the waterside, brackish – but drinkable – water wells up. This is just one of the enjoyable walks you can take when, depending on the weather, the light, and the season, it can be a completely different experience, changeable as the reflection of the town and hills in the usually glassy waters of the lagoon.
We end our Traditional Lefkada 6 H Private Tour by dropping you off at the same place we have picked you up!
- You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there is still availability. Book now to guarantee your tour.
- Pets are Not permitted!
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Lefkada island, Lefkada port, and yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in Lefkada you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Lefkada
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Lefkada
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Lefkada Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Lefkada Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Lefkada Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!