The Best Of Lefkada 10 Hours Private Tour; Lefkada is a dream that transformed into a magnificent reality in no time. Lefkada is a place where the world comes to swim and have fun, today is a benchmark island of the world. The Best Of Lefkada Full-Day Private Tour today is one of the most chosen tours, thanks to the best natural wonders ever created on earth. No wonder, the island of Lefkada is now known as the entertainment hub of the world.
It is a private tour in Lefkada that combines the highlights of the town of the island, as well as the best of west Lefkada, the Riviera of the island, and the impressive landscape with its famous beaches and beach clubs is to enjoy the paradisiacal landscapes aboard a modern fully air-conditioned vehicle and spend an unforgettable day on this island that has so much to offer you.
Lefkada is an island that welcomes all its tourists with amazing warmth and love. Whether they are the ones who dine at the world’s most luxurious 7-star villas and hotels or the ones who love to relish the sumptuous street food of the island; the hospitality of Lefkada cannot be questioned!
Highlights of The Best Of Lefkada 10 Hours Private Tour
- Seven-hour private tour with a luxury vehicle
- Expert, English-speaking tour driver
- Visit the famous beaches and bars with their spectacular view of the Ionian sea
- A walking tour through Hora ( Lefkada city), and the narrow streets with the picturesque neighborhood
- Enjoy a swim in some of the famous beaches at Porto Katsiki, Kathisma!
- Enjoy the scenic coastline of Lefkada island
The Best Of Lefkada 10 Hours Private Tour presents the island of Lefkada with all its might, beauty, power, history, and grounded humility through the exquisitely designed Lefkada tours. A great opportunity to explore Lefkada island, its best beaches, and the town with its narrow paths in a private outing only with the people you choose. A combination of history and beauty.
We will start The Best Of Lefkada 10 Hours Private Tour, by picking you up from your villa, hotel, yacht, cruise ship, or any location in Lefkada at the agreed time of your wish! Continuing your Lefkada city and island tour by walking through the labyrinth narrow streets and the beautiful houses having many possibilities to take nice photographs in the early morning, when the city is still quiet. You will get orientation and information on the old town, impressions of the small port, and the churches.
Experience the famous windmills and get to see the famous fortress of Santa Mavra. Next, we will explore the island by a private vehicle, visit some of the most famous beaches, the inner landscape, and take some photos of the fishermen and kaikis you will see on our way as well as small private chapels and houses built in typical Ionian style.
Discovering the city of Lefkada by walking through the city! Start your walk from the church of Agios Minas. The main business street of Lefkada, the bazaar as the locals call it, starts here. You will come across the characteristic buildings that nowadays house small shops and fancy coffee shops.
Our second stop is the church of the Presentation of Mary (1720 AD) with its traditional Ionian bell tower. The representation of the Second Coming at the top of its baroque iconostasis immediately catches the eye of the visitor along with the rest of the icons that were painted by well-known hagiographers from Lefkada.
Continuing your walk see the church of the Pantocrator, the public market of the town, the 1930 built Elementary School across the church of Agioi Anargiroi and covered all the area in which the square now stands (it was demolished in 1986).
You will find here the three libraries of the town, the Stamos Art Hall and two noteworthy churches, and Charamoglios library is located on the first floor of the same building. Also see two sculptures on the square, the bust of Nikos Svoronos and the National Resistance Monument. Every July, the Festival of Lefkadian Cuisine is held here.
Do not miss the church of Panagia ton Xenon (Foreigners) built in 1718, Zabeliou square, the Cathedral (I.N. Evagelistrias) initially built in 1689 but took its final form in 1886, the church of Agios Nikolaos. It was built in 1687, the church of Agios Demetrios took the form it has today in 1825, the marina, witch is the most modern in Greece, the Phonograph Museum, the Church of Agios Spiridon established in 1684, the Folklore Museum of the Musicophilological Group Orpheus, the Philharmonic Society of Lefkada established in 1850, the Agelos Sikelianos Museum which was established in 2017, the cultural center of Lefkada, the Lefcadio Hearn Historical Center, the first museum in Europe dedicated to Hearn (Yakumo Koizumi).
We can make a stop on the picturesque small bridge or go to the other side and rest for a bit on the benches. From there, we can see the brosketo, the small park with the busts of the important literary figures that were born on the island such as Aristotelis Valaoritis, Agelos Sikelianos, Lefkadios Hearn, Dimitris Golemis, and Kleareti Dipla-Malamou. In the last years, it has been named the Poets’ Garden.
We will continue now our tour in order to experience some of the traditional villages of the islands and some of the most famous beaches and beach clubs of Lefkada island. You will have the chance to choose and to visit Nidri, Vassiliki, Agios Petros, Exanthia, Agios Nikitas, and Porto Katsiki beach, Kathisma Beach, and Agios Nikitas Beach, located on the west and south side of Lefkada island. Well-known for their lively bars and cosmopolitan vibes, this is the perfect tour to experience a beach party during the day. It’s the ideal time to savor great flavors and sip cocktails.
It’s time to take the way back. Our full-day-Trip with a lot of impressions and useful information comes to the end!
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in island, port, and cruise port at the cruise ship pier!
- Info needed; When booking makes sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowded! (but as you are in you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship!
What is Included
- Professional driver
- Escort with good knowledge of history and culture of Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick up time on request
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in
- Free Pick-up & drop off at port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Airport
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with full leather and A/C.
- Local taxes
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about you!
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Town (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain. Alternatively, you could visit a beach like Platis Gialos or Ornos with a good selection of hotels & restaurants alongside or close to the beaches which are flat!
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!